WWE....



WWE


Work. Week. Exhaustion.  

No really, its a thing.  Trust me.

Okay, okay, okay.  So its only Tuesday, but I'm already feeling the undercurrent dragging me down into the work week blues.  At this point I'm giving myself an internal pep-talk to get psyched to buckle down and knock stuff out, but its difficult.  The only things running through my mind currently are creative problems to some craftiness I started yesterday, how to improve our current marketing standpoint at work, cookies, and the characteristics and potential problems I could run into with dying yarn.

I think cookies were the most recurring thought there.  

Trying to juggle my different interests is difficult with a full-time job, especially since I eventually plan to transform my interest into a business.  When discussing my ideas and plans for my business with Mike, he made a profound point once I ran out of steam.  His point is this - I tend to over-think things right out of the gate.  

After thinking on it a bit more, it's definitely a true statement.

I get these grand ideas, and then I think them to death and somehow end up talking myself out of them.  I need to just let it go and really dig in to what's important right now, which is creating things.  Once I test drive several possibilities and come up with a few polished ideas I can then start to think about the end goal of selling my work.  Let's face it, the end result is that I need to have a decent inventory to start out with that I am completely satisfied with and absolutely love.  The rest will certainly follow after.   

The good news is, I put his advice to use.  I started to work out some ideas of my own last night - I will report on that later.

I did want to pass along some advice of my own - protecting your work is hugely important to any artist or creative person out there.  If you work with 2D flat work I recommend using these Polypropylene protective bags:   11 7/16" x 14 1/4" Protective Sleeve and 7 7/16" x 5 1/4" Protective Sleeve. I purchased these bags to protect my work a while ago and they have an adhesive seal.  The price isn't too bad either!

Comments