Blogging Renewed!

It's no secret that this poor blog has been forgotten in the past few months.  I have a good reason for it though!  We picked up or stuff, animals and lives and moved across the border for a fresh start in North Carolina.  It has been hectic, messy and of course stressful but definitely worth the move.  

Our new home!
Our home is large, brand new (still has new house smell), and a little scary but it's beautiful and we are completely in love with the little community we've transplanted into.  



One of the things that I most love about our new digs is the fact that I now have studio space!  Mike helped me out this weekend with building a studio desk and I went out this morning and found the perfect chair so that I can start getting back into the swing of things.  There are still loads that I want to do to complete my space, but I have all the important things in there now. 


Also, I have to say that building your own custom desk wasn't that difficult to do.  the "legs" are actually shelving units purchased at Walmart.  The top is a piece of sanded plywood with a piece of tempered hardboard on top for a smooth, splinter free surface to work on.  There are several different takes on building your own desk on Pinterest for different looks, etc. 

Goals for the week: 

Get back into a routine with the shop
Clean the house
Unpack some more boxes
Get Guest rooms squared away
Do some laundry

Seems like a small list doesn't it?  I'm going to repeat that in my head like a mantra while working on it this week!

Comments