Commissions!

I recently finished up a commission for a friend of mine and I really like how it turned out:

18" x 24" Horse in Snow Scene
I found this one a bit challenging because the original photo that he provided me to work from had a lot more detail going on in the background.  After my initial manipulation and his approval on the altered image, I found that I had to make some tough design decisions regarding the background.  There were a lot more tree details in the background that I ended up omitting because I felt like it detracted from the detail of the horse.  The end result worked out really well, but it wasn't for the lack of vacillating on my part...

I had to trust my gut, even though my head was all like:

"Awe shit, what if this turns out crappy? Maybe we should just leave the spotty looking background trees..."

"The spotty trees look like they are coming out of the horses head instead of the background...Does he even like Unicorns??"

"Nope.  What am I even thinking?! No snow unicorns allowed.  KILL THE BACKGROUND TREES!"

Although I would enjoy a snow unicorn scene, it's probably not everyone's cup of tea.  Or maybe it is.  I dunno - I'm not a mind reader.

Anyway - I'm pleased with the end result and my friend thought so as well.  He even commissioned me for another piece!

He saw my paper piece that I am currently working on (details are here about that) and requested something similar for his next piece.  

Guys...I have another commission...

ANOTHER ONE...

I feel like a for real Artist.

...Why did Pinocchios' line just pop into my head:  

"I'M A REAL BOY!" 

Weird.  And for the record, I'm not a boy..


XO

ANF

Comments