Umm...Huh..?

.........

Okay.  Friends, let's be real for a second here. 

I opened up this fresh new post page with a head full of things to tell you about, and now I can't remember any of it...

Ever have those kind of days?  I blame it on the very large, devastatingly big black hole that apparently sucked away my ability to sleep last night.  I tossed and turned; eventually realizing that a steady pounding began to erupt in my head around 6:30 am.  

It was like something in my head decided to host a rave party and everyone started jumping and moving at the exact same time to the rhythmic beat.  

I was not amused. 

That's usually an indicator of a migraine looming around the mountain, about to cripple me.  It always seems to start at the base of my neck - tiny little fingers inching up and squeezing the bajeezus out of me.  Luckily I fumbled around the bathroom for Advil in time, then fell asleep for a couple of hours.

Now I'm a walking zombie today - minus the brain-eating.  And the migraine.  Thankfully

Sometimes, when this happens to me I wonder if it might have just been better to stay awake the whole night instead of getting those few precious hours of sleep.

It is soooo going to be a multiple cup of tea kind of day...

Let's see - Oh!  

I meant to tell you that I signed up for my first swap on Craftster.org.  After my 1 month waiting period was up, I became eligible to enter into a craft swap of my choice.  Basically, there are all kinds of organized swaps set up by site moderators - full on crafty types of swaps, supply swaps, ATC's, you name it.  

Some Personal ATC's I've completed
Since I wasn't sure exactly what to expect with taking on my first swap with this online community, I went for something a bit smaller and easier to handle - the Ongoing ATC Swap.  I recently discovered ATC's and it was love at first craft.  Since the size is so small, it made experimenting and creating these little treasures really quick.  Beyond the sizing, there really isn't any other guidelines.  

I like to think of them as my personal Business Cards for the art world. 

Anyway, I jumped in, claimed someone after being approved to join the Ongoing ATC Swap under the site and created my first ATC for trade.

The person I claimed gave a list of preferred themes for the cards they receive from others, and I chose their theme "Calligraphy".  I completed it over the weekend and put it in the mail for them this past Monday.  

The only uneasy feeling I have with the swap is, the receiver actually getting the card in the mail.  I'm hoping they receive the card today and that they actually like what I've done for them.  I have two weeks to actually send the card from the date I put in the claim, so if they don't receive it, I still have plenty of time to remake it and send again. 

On another fun note related to ATC's - I received a trade request for one of the cards I did for my personal collection.  I previously posted a picture of it on Instagram in my excitement when it was made.  Now I am waiting for her to complete a card to trade me for it!  How exciting!!

Alright, I'm headed to try and get some work done in my zombie state.  

Wish me luck!


XO

ANF

Comments