Reflecting...

...On this crazy first year for my Shop today.



It's been a little bumpy, but ultimately amazing.  I've learned so much and I know that there is so much more I will learn in the coming years. 

When I started out, I made a business plan for myself, not knowing anything about running my own little online Art Shop.  It was definitely ambitious to say the least.  

I mean, I wrote down that my goal for the first 6 months of business, I wanted to sell 25 pieces.  At the 1 year mark the goal was 50.  

Wtf?

Although, I did achieve my goal of participating in 1 local art/craft festival. So that is a definite win.  

I sold 13 pieces this year.  I actually did the math three times because I didn't believe it.  

WOO!

I'm starting to think about my goals for the next year.  What do I want to do? Where to do I want to be, creatively?  It's a lot to process, but I firmly believe that if you don't set yourself up with periodic benchmarks to hit, you can't grow your business effectively, and I won't be able to grow creatively.  

Now that I have 1 year under my belt, I can take that information and create more realistic goals for 2015.  I'm super excited to find out what the new year holds and I've already got a few commissions lined up!

Guys, I even made my first shop supply order using shop funds instead of my own....I did a happy dance in my chair.

Seriously.

There was a lot of butt wiggling action going on here. 

Bottom line:

I'm so incredibly thankful for all of the support I have from family and friends and those that support small businesses like my own.  I'm fortunate to be able to do what I love in life and I hope I can spread the happiness one piece at a time. :)

Hope everyone has a great Holiday!!



XO

ANF



Comments