Art Supplies...

...Are the shit.

I think everyone has their thing.  You know, that thing they go absolutely bananas over?

Shoes, dolls, little Lego figures, whatever.

My "thing", apparently, is art supplies.

Sure I love shoes; Mike likes to comment on the many boots I own in our closet, but art supplies... they just seem to hit that sweet spot.

I suppose it's a good thing that my thing aligns with my profession.

Career?

Hobby?

Life adventure?

I especially enjoy when I find a great deal.  Like today, for instance, I'm in the market for some finer quality watercolor paper for a specific project.  I was looking for the largest sizing I could find.

Guys, let me tell you, the largest that I saw for paper sizes wasn't any larger than 22" x 30"....

That size isn't big enough for my purposes.  This means I would need to jump to a roll of paper.

You know from my previous musings, that I wanted to purchase a roll of nicer watercolor paper anyways, so this seemed like the moment, but...

The prices...THE PRICES!

Insanity.

But, I did the math on what I could get out of a roll of finer quality paper, and it wasn't as bad as I feared.  It seemed almost...reasonable.  Still, something urged me to check one more time through the different art store websites.

THEN, I found it...the deal for my thing.

I searched through Jerry's Artarama and found that I could purchase a pack of 10 sheets of 300 lb fabriano cold press watercolor paper WITH a 25% coupon and free shipping.  Incredibly, way cheaper than a roll which could average about $200 depending on brand and quality.

The size you ask?

WELL...it was bigger than 22" x 30".

BIGGER!

The sizing is actually 29.5" x 41" which is perfect for my project and I don't have to fumble with a roll of paper in order to cut it down.  Not yet, at least.

Huzzah!

Do you know that one sheet of 300 lb arches cold press paper from Michaels is $20 a pop?  You can get that crap cheaper online.  Just saying.

Anyway, I wanted to share my excitement with all you lovelies.  You know, just in case you're in the market for some art supplies...

Alright, back to my life adventure for me ;}


XO

ANF

Comments