New Year, New Directions...

2016 Progress Wall

...And perhaps a new way of thinking. (viewing?)

I think I read somewhere that the state of your room is a reflection of the state of your mind.  I'm not sure if its accurate, but viewing things through that filter makes it hard not to see a correlation.

Behold, "the state of my mind":



I'm pretty sure over the holidays, this looked a little worse.  Either way, it's not the most flattering "reflection of my mind" or even my Studio in the physical sense.  I wouldn't even say this is controlled chaos.  That would imply that I knew where everything was at any given point, and that isn't true.  

Simply put, I'm lazy

A lot of you probably claim to know that already...

Jerks.

In fairness, I work on a few projects simultaneously, and often times the supplies I use for one end up overlapping into the another one.  Because of this, things never make it back to their proper places.  I know organization is key when a lot of stuff, like supplies, are involved.  Hopefully once we get around to transforming my studio over, we will remedy that with spaces to fit things.  

Err, fit things neatly. 

But in the meantime, there is still the small matter of "the state of my mind" to deal with... 

BOOM:


It probably won't stay like this for long, but it makes me feel better for now.  De-cluttered and organized, I can move forward with my work.  

Speaking of my work you probably noticed the photo of my wall above.  I've started tacking my completed and works-in-progress to my wall (as shown at the top of the page) for this year.  I thought it would be interesting to see the evolution of my work from beginning to end of the year.  As an added bonus, I'm hoping this will help hold me accountable for keeping on track.

I find it hard to focus sometimes.  

Damn you Pinterest!

Anyhoo, I'm off to paint some more.  Enjoy your week!




XO,







Comments