2017...


...is here.

Already.

What.

When did that happen?

It seems I've lost touch with a great many things towards the end of 2016, the least of which being blogging.

I find myself missing this public diary of mine more than I thought I would.  It was a great outlet, of sorts.  I wondered if I just pushed myself to type out the words, I might have felt better about any of the inner turmoil I struggled with during the last few months of the year.

Maybe, maybe not.

Best not to dwell on past things we cannot change and turn our focus towards the future on things we can manage instead. (my third inner voice is sarcastically telling me "easier said than done")

It's time to go to work!

For 2016, I was so sure all I needed were "goals" and then I could just achieve them. Easy peasy. That was not the case because I didn't have a clear, defined idea of what I wanted.  For myself or career.  Apparently, that should have been my first step; figuring out what exactly I wanted.

Taking a page out of Mike's book of awesome, I decided to start with figuring out where I wanted to see myself in 5 years.  After that, things became a little more focused and simplified.

So, in 5 years time I would like to achieve a solo exhibition for myself. 

I know, right? Exciting!

I am feeling pretty optimistic.  I've set goals for this year to help me grow as an artist and hopefully help mature my work and style.

But more about that in the next post, promise!

For now, I wish everyone a fruitful and productive new year!


XO





Comments