Crochet...

...is awesome.  

If you like yarn crafts, that is.  

Honestly, there isn't a craft that I've hated.  Yet.  

I'm sure there will be one soon though.  

Anyway, I've been thinking a lot about Christmastime and what to do about gifts this year, as I mentioned before here..

But I forgot to show you guys what exactly I've been trying out!  Gah! 

As with most things, there is a beginning to all this.  

My BFF, Heather, and I were heading home from the Baltimore Book Festival.  She was driving and I packed some yarn with me in case I felt the urge to pass the time (between my DJ-ing and rapping at the top of our lungs - it was amazing).  

I followed a tutorial on Youtube about making molly flowers.  I think they are so adorable and would be super cute embellishments, but then I got to thinking.  That was pretty easy, and I didn't have to try to decrypt a pattern.  What else can I figure out?

Then I learned crochet in the round because round coasters, amIright

It sort of snowballed from there.  Mike would probably say "out of control".  

Tomato, Tomahto.

Since that fateful molly flower tutorial, I've leveled up my crocheting ability.  Still not a master, but I'm slowly getting there.  

I've figured out how to make a wine tote, some cute winter hats and fluffy scarves.  I suppose that I might be a little out of control.  My only defense is that handmade Christmas gifts mean more than generic store bought crap.  At least in my opinion.  Plus it saves us a few pennies in the bank. 

Alright, I'm off to create things now.  

Happy Hump Day! :)



XOXO

ANF




Comments