365 Days...


...Of sketches. 

Yeaahhh, you read that correctly. 

One of the goals I challenged myself with this year was to attempt a sketch everyday.  It doesn't have to be refined or a perfect work of art.  The purpose is simply to keep my mind engaged in the creative, and to help improve my drawing and thinking skills.  I wanted an exercise that would help me focus, since the series I am creating this year will be focused on just one theme, each.  Plus this challenge has an added bonus of providing a distraction between my main works which allows me to come back with a fresh perspective. 

My studio planner is set up with a word every single day that will drive my sketch.  To help keep myself accountable (because I'm trying to keep it real with myself), I'm aiming to provide you with a little looksie at the sketches every Sunday.  

Without further ado, here are the sketches from the previous week!

(please don't judge me):

1/1/2017
Happiness
What says happiness better than creature pajamas and friends?
1/2/2017
Beauty
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...or a cup of coffee, amirite?
1/3/2017
Sleep
On the rare occasion that I am unable to sleep, sheep will do...
1/4/2017
Garden
I wish there were rose pixies in real life...
1/5/2017
Imagination
You're a special snowflake too
1/6/17
Give
Love is the best kind of gift! (but presents are cool too)
1/7/2017
Secret
How about a secret moon garden? I imagine meteor fish and star flowers and moonlight bugs! 

So there you have it.

My first week of sketches down!  

Keep an eye out for this weeks' group of drawings, next Monday <3 


XO











Comments